Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Thanksgiving Edition

Is this week over yet?

There's going to be a LOT of driving this week! After work, I have to shuttle Angela and another girl to Ford Field in downtown Detroit Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday evenings. They, along with several hundred other kids, will be dancing at the halftime show with Kid Rock during the Lion's game on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to all this extra driving and for some reason several coworkers have lost their indoor voices over the weekend and I'm ready to go postal upon them!

Anyhoooooo, here's it this week's topic!


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

***Thanksgiving Edition***

1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? For the last couple years, it's been as above. Thursday morning I'll take Angel to the mall to meet the rest of the studio and they'll ride a bus downtown and they will leave Ford Field right after halftime. So I pick her back up and we'll go out to my sister's house. I'm supposed to work Friday, but I really don't see that happening!

2. List at least three dishes that are on your family’s table every year. Hmm, pretty much what you'd expect. We'll have turkey, stuffing, rolls & salad, brussell sprouts, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, etc. etc.

3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie? I'd go for pumpkin, since that & apple is what we always have. with the requisite Cool Whip, of course.

4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day?  The Lions game, of course!!! Well, the first half of it anyway. Granted we are envious because the Cowboys get Kenny Chesney for their halftime show. I know Angel would rather dance for him!
 btw - HERE is last year's adventure.

5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday? Probably not, since while Angel is gone I'll be getting the car packed up and such. By the time we get to my sister's it'll be almost dark and time to eat. However if I play hooky Friday......horses will be ridden and dogs will be walked!

6. Do you prefer ham or turkey? Ham, actually.

7. Will you shop on Black Friday? Hell . To . The . NO !

8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving? Probably not, although I'd like to!

9. Share one dish that probably won’t be on anyone else’s table. Hmm. I can't think of anything unusual. Maybe some of the gluten free items for my nephew's girlfriend.

10. What are you thankful for today? I'm thankful for many things every day, which is why I don't do one of those daily posts on FaceBook. My family, our health. The sunshine. My furry critters. A warm home, reliable car, steady job, etc, etc, etc.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!