Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I smite thee, Evil Cupcake!!!!

My place of employment is like any other in regards to the vultures who work here.  If you have food (namely dessert) to get rid of - bring it in & leave it on the kitchen table & watch it disappear.  

I admit - I have joined in the feeding frenzy on occasion - but I try to contain myself.   I tell myself things like "those aren't chocolate chip cookies - they're oatmeal raisin (yuck!)".  Or I can usually convince myself that bugs have crawled on it / weirdos have touched it / or some other plausible excuse.  Or that its just not worth all the points I'd use for it.  

I came in Monday and someone had brought in 3 of the BIGGEST cupcakes I'd ever seen.  And left them neatly covered on a plate.  With a knife.  Because they were huge.  These evil lumps of tempting deliciousness were easily 6 inches across & 5 inches tall.  I don't know how much of that height was frosting, but it was a considerable heap. 

Monday I was able to ignore them (pat myself on the back).  But Tuesday mid-morning, I went to get a 90 calorie granola bar out of my lunchbox and I had the worst urge to grab that 1/3 cupcake that was left and just stuff it in my face.  I mean literally try to shove the entire top of that sugary frosting stack into my mouth & NOM.   I grabbed my boring granola bar and got out of that room as fast as possible!  It was the worst craving I'd ever had.  It.Called.My.Name !!!!!

I really know how Eve felt in the Garden of Eden.  Could you just imagine the consequences if she would have been tempted by a cupcake instead of an apple?!?!?!?!?     

What's funny is that other than the dispatchers with their odd hours, only 1 person gets there earlier than me.  So these giant cupcakes may very well have sat there all weekend.   I don't know.  They were sure to be gross & stale!  Or worse yet - perfectly fine because of all the preservatives!

At least they weren't chocolate.